Ringkøbing Church is the oldest building in the town, built in brick in the first half of the 15th century, and it probably replaced an older church.
The tower, which appears wider at the top than at the bottom, was started at the same time, but was not completed until around the Reformation 100 years later. The north aisle dates from 1593-93, but the south aisle dates from 1934-35. At that time, the church was restored because a cement plastering in 1872-73 had destroyed the original wall surfaces. The church was shell-walled with the red stones that can be seen today. It had previously been chalked white, and until 1806 it was surrounded by a cemetery, but it was moved to the end of Vestergade, where it is today.
The church has some 17th-century furnishings, such as an epitaph from 1652 of Provost Hans Hansen Kjær, his wife Karen Jensdatter and their 11 children. The twelfth man between the two spouses is the wife's first husband, vicar Jens Iversen Bork. He also appears on the church's second epitaph from 1614. The church was restored in 1995-96 and got a new altarpiece with a modern painting. It is a resurrection picture by the painter Arne Haugen Sørensen and a glass baptismal font by Per Hebsgaard after a design by Arne Haugen Sørensen.
The church has two organs, a Frobenius organ from 1976 and a baroque organ on the pulpit above the entrance door. It was rededicated in 2019 with new organ work.