Hotel Ringkjøbing was built in 1600 and is therefore the oldest building in the city after the church. It was originally entirely timber-framed, but the gable and lower floor were converted to brickwork around 1760.
It was the city's largest market house with buildings up Vestergade, but the northern part was sold off in 1806. Throughout the 1700s and until 1805, the property was owned by successive county governors, who had large grain storage areas in the building.
In 1833, it was converted into a hotel and has been the setting for many large parties and events in the city.